Rinnai is a respected manufacturer of high quality tankless water heaters originally based in Japan. The company is a leader in the field, having introduced innovative systems that allowed their clients to enjoy maximum levels of safety, comfort, energy efficiency, and low-noise operation. All Rinnai products are certified and approved by ISO, ANSI, CSA, AHRI, and it is no wonder why they are the highest selling tankless water heaters brand in the US and Canada.
The RUC98iN is an indoors natural gas tankless water heater model, part of the brand’s “Ultra Series” which consists of the absolute best products build with no compromises. The particular model boasts an amazing energy conversion factor of 0.96 that wins the qualification of the ENERGY STAR® international qualification. Moreover, it emits very low levels of CO2 and NOx so it contributes to a healthier environment, it is very easy to install, and it is relatively compact considering its heating output so it won’t take much space. The heater is sold with isolation valves and pressure relief valves included in the box, so it’s completely safe to install and use without the need for additional parts and the involvement of installation experts.
Proceeding to the technical details, the output BTU range achieved by this product is from 15,200 to up to 199,000 BTU. This translated to a temperature range of 98 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. The flow rate of the RUC98iN ranges from 0.26 to 9.8 gallons per minute which is more than enough for residential use. Moreover, the particular model is approved for use in high altitude locations of up to 10,200 feet. The high build quality of this tankless water heater is reflected upon the period of the limited warranty that is set on 12 years for the heat exchanger and 5 years on the other parts.
Being one of the models that sell so well, one can find plenty of feedback about the Rinnai RUC98iN from people who have been using this new product for over two years now. Here are the things that people like about it, as well as the negative remarks about the way this heater performs:
What Customers Like:
- Heater works so quietly you’ll barely notice.
- Heater performs very well, delivering enough hot water even when the demand is high.
- People can install this unit themselves, so no technician is needed.
- Self-protection systems that shut off the unit before something can go seriously wrong and damage the equipment or hurt the user.
- Heater burns significantly less gas which is clearly reflected on the monthly bills.
- Rinnai’s consumer support is kind and helpful.
What Customers Say Can be Improved:
- Slight temperature fluctuation due to the absence of even a small temperature stabilization tank.
- A bit on the pricey side, but people who have used cheaper models say it’s worth the additional cost.
To conclude, the Rinnai RUC98iN is a performer unit featuring sophisticated safety and control systems, low fuel consumption and gas emission, and high build quality. Yes, it will cost more than an average tankless water heater, but if you want a piece of mind under all conditions, buying this model is one great way to get it.